UK || Employment

While pursuing the course

  • Students can work up to 20 hours a week during per week during the semester time and full time during vacations.
  • Average money what students can earn is around £6 - £9 per hour i.e. approx £430 - £590 per month
  • Students are permitted to work full time during vacations.
  • Students could look out for part-time jobs by looking in local newspapers and can work in fast food joints and department stores. The higher paid jobs involve working in call centres. Students should also explore opportunities available in your university.
  • If student is going to the UK for six months or less, student must ask the Entry Clearance Officer for permission to work

On completion of the course

International Graduates Scheme (IGS)

  • Students who obtain a bachelors degree or better in any discipline from a recognized institution in the UK will be allowed to stay in the country for 12 months to look for work.
  • IGS is a way for non-European students of higher education institutes within the United Kingdom to remain in the country for one year after graduation and gain valuable work experience. Less restrictive than earlier student immigration routes, the IGS allows a student of any discipline to apply
  • If the graduate wishes to remain in the UK after one year, they must switch over to another immigration category such as the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP). The scheme is to encourage international students to take up a career in the UK by giving them a transitional route into another immigration category.
  • One advantage students who wish to stay in the UK have with this scheme is by gaining valuable UK work experience after graduation. For example, a student can use UK work experience to score points towards the requirements of HSMP.

Training and Work Experience Scheme (TWES)
TWES is to enable people to gain skills and experience through work-based learning which they can then use back in their own country. The scheme states if an international student is able to find a job relevant to his field of study in the UK with a British - based employer, that student can stay on and work full time through this particular scheme for a maximum period of 2 years. TWES permits are normally issued for a person to do work based training for a professional or specialist qualification.

Scottish Post Study Work visa (part of the Tier 1 category under the new Points Based System.)
Post Study Work enables UK graduates to stay in the UK for up to two years after completing their studies to seek and take work.

For UK

Quick Enquiry

News & Events

We are one of the leading companies in the field of Overseas Education

We are one of the leading companies in the field of Overseas Education

Copyright © 2011, Aegis Overseas,
All rights reserved.
Home | About Us | Study Abroad | Coaching | University | Contact Us | Sitemap