Australia || Visa Guidance

If you are a student planning to pursue higher education in Australia, you need to meet the following requirements:

  • You are of good character
  • You are of sound health
  • You have acceptable health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and members of your family unit accompanying you to Australia
  • You have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, or have made arrangements acceptable to the Minister to repay such a debt
  • Where you are under 18 years of age, acceptable arrangements for your accommodation, support and general welfare are in place

If you are applying outside Australia and your visa application will be assessed at Assessment Level 3, 4 or 5, you should provide:

  • An ‘offer of a place in a course’ letter from your Australian education provider at the time you lodge your application; and an electronic confirmation of enrolment certificate issued by your education provider after you lodge your application if you are requested by the Australian overseas mission to do so.
  • This process allows a preliminary or Pre-Visa Assessment to be made on your application to see if you are genuinely seeking to enter Australia for the purpose of study.
  • If you are applying outside Australia in Assessment Level 1 or 2, or in Australia in any Assessment Level, an electronic confirmation of enrolment certificate (CoE) is required before you lodge your application and a copy is to be provided with your application.

Student Visa Conditions:

  • You must satisfy attendance and course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment for your course
  • You must not work unless you have been granted permission to do so
  • You must maintain your Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover while in Australia
  • You must leave Australia before your visa expires
  • You must remain with the education provider you originally enrolled with for the first six months of your course or, if the course is less than six months, for the duration of your course
  • You must advise your education provider of your residential address within seven days of your arrival in Australia and must advise any changes of address within seven days
  • If you change education provider you must inform your current education provider within seven days of issue of an ECOE
  • If you are an unaccompanied student applicant under 18 years of age you must obtain written approval of your education provider before you change your address, support and welfare arrangements in Australia.

For Australia

Quick Enquiry

News & Events

We are one of the leading companies in the field of Overseas Education

We are one of the leading companies in the field of Overseas Education

Copyright © 2011, Aegis Overseas,
All rights reserved.
Home | About Us | Study Abroad | Coaching | University | Contact Us | Sitemap